Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-30-2017, 2:45 PM
angelinointexas angelinointexas is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 298
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Asian American Conceal Carry Permits Have the Highest Growth

Asian Americans may be the crucial voting block that will help us get our conceal carry rights in California.

They have the highest growth rate in conceal carry permit applications in Texas. They vote heavily Democratic too on top of this.

These two points may seem contradictory, but it's not. They want their 2A rights, but only Democrats reach out to them! And Democrats are ignoring their 2A rights right now.

They make up 15% of voters in California. Imagine if they start caring about their 2A rights. It will be huge!

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2814691

asian americans.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-30-2017, 3:45 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 12,281
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2017, 4:27 PM
G-Man WC's Avatar
G-Man WC G-Man WC is offline
In Memoriam
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: East Bay CoCo
Posts: 11,213
iTrader: 52 / 100%
Default

Damn, these Asians are always at the head of the class!
-g
__________________
If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
-Samuel Adams
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2017, 4:35 PM
cire raeb cire raeb is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Democratic People's Republic of Kalfornia
Posts: 1,017
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I am Chinese American. I think Asian vote Democrat because it is the only game left in town and sad part is that many of us drank the media's Kool-Aid, myself included for a long time. After Sandy Hook, I realized CNN reports on firearms were hogwash and highly inaccurate.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2017, 5:22 PM
Rail's Avatar
Rail Rail is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 273
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinointexas View Post
Asian Americans may be the crucial voting block that will help us get our conceal carry rights in California.

They have the highest growth rate in conceal carry permit applications in Texas. They vote heavily Democratic too on top of this.

These two points may seem contradictory, but it's not. They want their 2A rights, but only Democrats reach out to them! And Democrats are ignoring their 2A rights right now.

They make up 15% of voters in California. Imagine if they start caring about their 2A rights. It will be huge!

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2814691

Attachment 602890
Good news, but two things worth pointing out:

- Asian-Americans outside of California and other liberal states are less likely to vote Democrat.
- Democrats outside of California and other liberal states are also less likely to be anti-2A.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-30-2017, 5:24 PM
lowimpactuser lowimpactuser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,069
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Asians in California /= Asians in Texas.

People are people. They may sunburn differently, or have different reactions to refined grains.

But for social policy, environment matters far more.

If your policy prescription was we need to move all Asians in America to Texas, while ethnic cleansing, is far more solid ground for the presumption Asians can help.

Texans are Texans, Californians are Californians.

Additionally, measuring the differences off more than just race is important. If California's Asian populace is 40%+ Chinese first generation and rich, this is far different than 2nd or 3rd generation and poor or middle class.

California has a rot and a culture that incubates terrible ideas and plans. The idea that any racial group is uniquely resistant or powerful is odious and silly at the same time.

Further, after actually reading the paper,

Quote:
The state’s data indicate that permitting has increased fastest for blacks, followed closely by Asians.
(13)

it seems you actually got even the fastest growth rate wrong, it is for black Americans.

Drilling into the data further, it appears the Asian American percent growth slightly outstrips that of black American growth, but overall, the highest growth is among women of any color, and the highest of all is of Black women, followed by Asian women, native american women, etc.

Unless you're busing Texans in, and busing Californians out, not gonna work. It just shows environment matters.
__________________
KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-30-2017, 7:43 PM
Rogerbutthead's Avatar
Rogerbutthead Rogerbutthead is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,039
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Most of my relatives are Japanese Americans. A few own guns, but none speak about them. The ones who do speak about politics are libtards, probably because they are surrounded by them. IE, during Christmas dinner, I was the only one who admitted to vote for Trump.

They are also the ones who ask whenever there has been a shooting, where I was. You guys must have relatives like that too. The younger they are - the more libtard.

Sad. I remember when their fathers were mad that their children were voting democratic.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-30-2017, 7:59 PM
angelinointexas angelinointexas is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 298
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowimpactuser View Post
Asians in California /= Asians in Texas.

People are people. They may sunburn differently, or have different reactions to refined grains.

But for social policy, environment matters far more.

If your policy prescription was we need to move all Asians in America to Texas, while ethnic cleansing, is far more solid ground for the presumption Asians can help.

Texans are Texans, Californians are Californians.

Additionally, measuring the differences off more than just race is important. If California's Asian populace is 40%+ Chinese first generation and rich, this is far different than 2nd or 3rd generation and poor or middle class.

California has a rot and a culture that incubates terrible ideas and plans. The idea that any racial group is uniquely resistant or powerful is odious and silly at the same time.

Further, after actually reading the paper,

(13)

it seems you actually got even the fastest growth rate wrong, it is for black Americans.

Drilling into the data further, it appears the Asian American percent growth slightly outstrips that of black American growth, but overall, the highest growth is among women of any color, and the highest of all is of Black women, followed by Asian women, native american women, etc.

Unless you're busing Texans in, and busing Californians out, not gonna work. It just shows environment matters.
My facebook is full of Californian Asian Americans getting guns for the first time this past year.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...228-story.html

http://www.guns.com/2017/01/04/chine...gun-ownership/

http://rare.us/rare-politics/issues/...cedented-rate/

"Another reason that Chinese Americans might be buying more guns is fear of anti-immigrant violence in the wake of Donald Trump’s election. Asian immigrants have a history of using firearms to defend their lives and property, most notably during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-30-2017, 9:19 PM
lowimpactuser lowimpactuser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,069
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinointexas View Post
My facebook is full of Californian Asian Americans getting guns for the first time this past year.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...228-story.html

http://www.guns.com/2017/01/04/chine...gun-ownership/

http://rare.us/rare-politics/issues/...cedented-rate/

"Another reason that Chinese Americans might be buying more guns is fear of anti-immigrant violence in the wake of Donald Trump’s election. Asian immigrants have a history of using firearms to defend their lives and property, most notably during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots."
And it well might be.

My argument is that Texas effects do not equal Californian effects. And even if you have a Facebook full of it, you can have what, 5k friends max on Facebook? Not rnough to make a difference. Millions and millions is what we need, and frankly, we don't have any indigenous forces yet that could do anything. A simultaneous LA riot redux in several cities might help a bit, but that's about the only thing I see. I'm glad Chinese Americans in California are finding freedom in firearms. We just need to get 10 million more to come and simultaneously find gun religion and vote that way. Also something that isn't covered. Plenty of turncoats who vote for anti-gun people, like Leland Yee getting 11% of vote after being indicted and ending his candidacy.
__________________
KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-30-2017, 9:22 PM
angelinointexas angelinointexas is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 298
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowimpactuser View Post
And it well might be.

My argument is that Texas effects do not equal Californian effects. And even if you have a Facebook full of it, you can have what, 5k friends max on Facebook? Not rnough to make a difference. Millions and millions is what we need, and frankly, we don't have any indigenous forces yet that could do anything. A simultaneous LA riot redux in several cities might help a bit, but that's about the only thing I see. I'm glad Chinese Americans in California are finding freedom in firearms. We just need to get 10 million more to come and simultaneously find gun religion and vote that way. Also something that isn't covered. Plenty of turncoats who vote for anti-gun people, like Leland Yee getting 11% of vote after being indicted and ending his candidacy.
Whoever is trying to do a grassroots movement in CA for 2A rights is failing.

The raw material is there. Whoever the leadership is, is failing.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-01-2017, 12:50 AM
Donkeypunch0420 Donkeypunch0420 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Bernadino County
Posts: 1,437
iTrader: 91 / 99%
Default

I think it's a regional thing. I'm a So Cal Asian. The vast majority of my family and friends vote Republican. Many Asians I meet from Nor Cal vote Democrat, which always seems strange to me because they have money. Never understood that.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-01-2017, 3:56 AM
SmallShark's Avatar
SmallShark SmallShark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sacramento 95834
Posts: 1,405
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

More and more Chinese Americans are voting for Republicans because the democrats are trying to limit the number of Chinese in universities.

Also, trying to push high tech companies to hire less Asians.

Also, trying to single out Chinese from Asians
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-01-2017, 4:16 AM
Rogerbutthead's Avatar
Rogerbutthead Rogerbutthead is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,039
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

What you hear from universities and some employers is that they are "over-realized" in Asians - which means 4.0 High School grads with plenty of extra curricular activity will not be allowed in so that more black and brown faces will be let in. This has been going on since at least the 80's and yet my yellow faced relatives still vote dem. Also I notice Asians are having less kids.

It's that movie "Idiocracy" come to life.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-01-2017, 5:40 AM
SmallShark's Avatar
SmallShark SmallShark is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sacramento 95834
Posts: 1,405
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbutthead View Post
What you hear from universities and some employers is that they are "over-realized" in Asians - which means 4.0 High School grads with plenty of extra curricular activity will not be allowed in so that more black and brown faces will be let in. This has been going on since at least the 80's and yet my yellow faced relatives still vote dem. Also I notice Asians are having less kids.

It's that movie "Idiocracy" come to life.
Soon US universities will become job training schools. High tech companies will be forced to hire foreigners, oh wait, they can't. They will have to hire people based on skin colors.

I believe in our life time, Apple and Google will move out of California.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-01-2017, 6:16 AM
tanks's Avatar
tanks tanks is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,030
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbutthead View Post
What you hear from universities and some employers is that they are "over-realized" in Asians - which means 4.0 High School grads with plenty of extra curricular activity will not be allowed in so that more black and brown faces will be let in. ...
Yep, a friend of mine has a biracial daughter. She applied as White to get accepted into UCSB.
__________________
“... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full.” - John Alfred Jordan
"A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-01-2017, 7:47 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 16,151
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Back in 1973 I signed up as a black person attending Cal State. That was the only way I could get my required classes. I also got job offers, housing offers, scholarship offers and the keys to the city.

That was the best thing I learned at college.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-01-2017, 7:48 PM
I Swan's Avatar
I Swan I Swan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,839
iTrader: 70 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Back in 1973 I signed up as a black person attending Cal State. That was the only way I could get my required classes. I also got job offers, housing offers, scholarship offers and the keys to the city.

That was the best thing I learned at college.
So you were a real life version of the movie Soul Man? Asian Americans are quite a different group depending on country of origin, being a FOB or not, and other factors. I don't see it ever mattering or changing CA voting patterns.

You used to be able to count on Vietnamese voting Republican but their children and grandchildren are starting to become communist in theit voting patterns.

Last edited by I Swan; 05-01-2017 at 7:51 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-01-2017, 9:51 PM
geoint's Avatar
geoint geoint is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Stranger in a Strange Land
Posts: 4,395
iTrader: 53 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinointexas View Post
Asian Americans may be the crucial voting block that will help us get our conceal carry rights in California.

They have the highest growth rate in conceal carry permit applications in Texas. They vote heavily Democratic too on top of this.

These two points may seem contradictory, but it's not. They want their 2A rights, but only Democrats reach out to them! And Democrats are ignoring their 2A rights right now.

They make up 15% of voters in California. Imagine if they start caring about their 2A rights. It will be huge!

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=2814691

Attachment 602890
I will admit I didn't look at the link so idk if it lists particular nationality or just "Asian" but...


Muslims are usually lumped into Asian. I remember seeing quite a few Arabic sounding names on the white board at riverside county's CCW unit back when I was interviewing.
__________________
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

I Hate California.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-02-2017, 7:09 AM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 7,828
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

I can't (nor do I) speak for all Chinese, but from my experience, this is why Chinese people vote Democrat. Young ones tend to be well educated, which means they've been indoctrinated into the university system. Which, unfortunately, also mean they've bought into progressive propaganda hook, line and sinker.

The older generation is more cynical and pragmatic by nature, which means they believe you can't avoid governmental power and abuse, so you might as well milk it for all it's worth and that usually means the democrats who love being generous with other people's money.

And there you have it. I hope some of that will change as Asian-Americans become more and more a poor man's version of the "white privilege" class, especially as they try to put the less "privileged" demographic into college spots that Asian's hog up. I'm actually glad they tried that stupid stunt with the universities. Maybe it will open some eyes to just how "compassionate" the Democratic party really is.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page


NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-02-2017, 7:47 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 16,151
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
So you were a real life version of the movie Soul Man?
Funny, but true. College taught me that life isn't fair, people are full of sh*t and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

A couple more years on the streets would have taught the same crap, for less $.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-02-2017, 9:00 AM
Nguyen's Avatar
Nguyen Nguyen is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Orange County
Posts: 2,999
iTrader: 104 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
I can't (nor do I) speak for all Chinese, but from my experience, this is why Chinese people vote Democrat. Young ones tend to be well educated, which means they've been indoctrinated into the university system. Which, unfortunately, also mean they've bought into progressive propaganda hook, line and sinker.

The older generation is more cynical and pragmatic by nature, which means they believe you can't avoid governmental power and abuse, so you might as well milk it for all it's worth and that usually means the democrats who love being generous with other people's money.

And there you have it. I hope some of that will change as Asian-Americans become more and more a poor man's version of the "white privilege" class, especially as they try to put the less "privileged" demographic into college spots that Asian's hog up. I'm actually glad they tried that stupid stunt with the universities. Maybe it will open some eyes to just how "compassionate" the Democratic party really is.

Can't speak for Chinese people, but majority of my family (vietnamese) voted Republican. I noticed many of my friends (Ages 20-29) voted for democrat. Which tells me that older generations vietnamese people usually lean towards the right...

Source: I'm Vietnamese since birth.
__________________


Quote:
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
- Dianne Feinstein
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-02-2017, 6:43 PM
I Swan's Avatar
I Swan I Swan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,839
iTrader: 70 / 100%
Default

I can't understand any Vietnamese voting Dem after what their parents and grandparents went through.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-02-2017, 6:59 PM
Flopps1 Flopps1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 263
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Vietnamese here and all my relatives vote replubican. My mom can't stand the liberals and believes they are the cancer. Lol.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-02-2017, 11:49 PM
DrScorpio's Avatar
DrScorpio DrScorpio is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 133
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Im asian and CCW daily. Most of my asian friends are democrats. After Trump won, they went into the "fear mode" where they seemed to think white racists will come out of the woods and attack all minorities. They claimed to be worried for their children and considered getting a gun for the first time to protect themselves from these illusionary white racists.

Months later they are back to their daily routine of posting about how Trump is evil on facebook while participating in whatever the next trendy thing is. Never got a gun nor did they consider that their liberal overlords have brainwashed them to the point where they would live in fear for a few months over nothing. I sincerely think california is doomed and the asians arent going to save it.
__________________
Duck and venison, being necessary for a well balanced diet, the right to hunt duck and deer shall not be infringed! - Liberals take on 2A
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-03-2017, 7:09 AM
AceGirlsHusband AceGirlsHusband is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NorCal
Posts: 2,653
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

See thread "homeowner halts robbery with gun" in this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-03-2017, 7:35 AM
I Swan's Avatar
I Swan I Swan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,839
iTrader: 70 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyen View Post
Can't speak for Chinese people, but majority of my family (vietnamese) voted Republican. I noticed many of my friends (Ages 20-29) voted for democrat. Which tells me that older generations vietnamese people usually lean towards the right...

Source: I'm Vietnamese since birth.
Well we didn't think you converted to being Vietnamese or became Vietnamese sometime later in life.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-03-2017, 8:24 AM
oddball oddball is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In A Much Better Place
Posts: 1,703
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinointexas View Post
...but only Democrats reach out to them!
Amazing, isn't it?

One would think that the hardest working demographic would thumb their nose at the commie's agenda of rewarding sloth. Making as much money possible is not considered a sin, but a top-end goal. My experience is that Asians resent illegal immigrants cutting in line, since some have family still waiting for the red tape to clear for entrance. It would not surprise me if Asians had way less single-parent households than whites and blacks, since family trumps everything in Asian culture. Asians tend to respect law and order above other groups. Rule of Law is not a mere concept, but a way of life.

The post mentioning modern education indoctrination may be more spot on than not.
__________________
_______________


"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-03-2017, 11:03 PM
I Swan's Avatar
I Swan I Swan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,839
iTrader: 70 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
Amazing, isn't it?

One would think that the hardest working demographic would thumb their nose at the commie's agenda of rewarding sloth. Making as much money possible is not considered a sin, but a top-end goal. My experience is that Asians resent illegal immigrants cutting in line, since some have family still waiting for the red tape to clear for entrance. It would not surprise me if Asians had way less single-parent households than whites and blacks, since family trumps everything in Asian culture. Asians tend to respect law and order above other groups. Rule of Law is not a mere concept, but a way of life.

The post mentioning modern education indoctrination may be more spot on than not.
As always depends on the specific Asian group. As for being the hardest working demographic I know some non Asian groups that would beg to differ. Greeks as but one example.

Asians do tend to have good family values, Black single parent percentages and children born out of wedlock statistics are horrible.

There is more Asian illegal immigration than most people realize but obviously not more due to the distance and costs of doing so. I think like with Blacks many Asian groups are not exposed to firearms and in a positive way in their life or in their formative years.

But oddly at least in CA I see more Asians get in to the shooting sports at least later in life. I almost never see Blacks do so. I usually never see more than 5-10 Blacks at a gun show even at large ones.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-04-2017, 10:41 PM
angelinointexas angelinointexas is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 298
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScorpio View Post
Im asian and CCW daily. Most of my asian friends are democrats. After Trump won, they went into the "fear mode" where they seemed to think white racists will come out of the woods and attack all minorities. They claimed to be worried for their children and considered getting a gun for the first time to protect themselves from these illusionary white racists.

Months later they are back to their daily routine of posting about how Trump is evil on facebook while participating in whatever the next trendy thing is. Never got a gun nor did they consider that their liberal overlords have brainwashed them to the point where they would live in fear for a few months over nothing. I sincerely think california is doomed and the asians arent going to save it.
Dude it totally could.

We need an Asian American NRA in different languages so everyones parents understand their 2A rights and dont get mad at their children for legally getting firearms.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-05-2017, 1:08 AM
HibikiR HibikiR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: LA
Posts: 2,295
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
I can't understand any Vietnamese voting Dem after what their parents and grandparents went through.
I know some Vietnamese that vote Dem and it's purely about the social agenda. Whichever side exhibits more "compassion" will get their vote. This goes for both Buddhist and Catholic Vietnamese.

So basically being hardline against gays and refugees, which goes back to the history of Vietnamese Boat People, is the opposite of compassion.

Of the Vietnamese that vote Repub, they like the emphasis on hard work, anti-communism, and law and order.

As long as this group feels that their homes and jobs are safe they'll support the people that keep them safe.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-05-2017, 2:54 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 12,281
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikiR View Post
I know some Vietnamese that vote Dem and it's purely about the social agenda. Whichever side exhibits more "compassion" will get their vote. This goes for both Buddhist and Catholic Vietnamese.

So basically being hardline against gays and refugees, which goes back to the history of Vietnamese Boat People, is the opposite of compassion.

Of the Vietnamese that vote Repub, they like the emphasis on hard work, anti-communism, and law and order.

As long as this group feels that their homes and jobs are safe they'll support the people that keep them safe.
So, I'm sure they wouldn't complain if hundreds of thousands of Syrian and Somali refugees started immigrating to Vietnam, right?

Last edited by Paladin; 05-06-2017 at 12:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-05-2017, 8:07 PM
angelinointexas angelinointexas is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 298
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Lots of Asian Americans in California voted Republican until Proposition 187.

But I'll tell you what. Asian Americans who remember the 1992 LA Riots, believe in gun rights and self defense.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-06-2017, 12:29 PM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 12,281
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelinointexas View Post
Lots of Asian Americans in California voted Republican until Proposition 187.

But I'll tell you what. Asian Americans who remember the 1992 LA Riots, believe in gun rights and self defense.
Typical Dem racial "identity politics" attitude: if criminality benefits my race, we're against enforcing laws. Screw everyone & everything else!

If Dems can convince them that the 2nd A is against their racial interests, they'd vote to amend the Constitution to repeal it!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-06-2017, 2:31 PM
Lex Talionis Lex Talionis is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 443
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Asian American are a great potential voting block for conservatives. A lot of "raw feelings" still exist due to a long history of discriminatory policies in America but for those Asians who finally understand that the far left does not represent their work and economic values, they eventually shift to the right.

All of the Asians I know have worked very hard for the success they have in life and don't want to see it "redistributed" to lazy entitled good for nothings same as the rest of us, and where we share common ground.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-08-2017, 2:58 PM
Erion929's Avatar
Erion929 Erion929 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So. Orange County, CA.
Posts: 4,722
iTrader: 79 / 100%
Default

I've always found it funny....out of my 50 or so Calguns transactions from The Marketplace, about 33-40% have been Asians (as am I).
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-08-2017, 3:01 PM
357manny's Avatar
357manny 357manny is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PRK
Posts: 1,691
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
Asian American are a great potential voting block for conservatives. A lot of "raw feelings" still exist due to a long history of discriminatory policies in America but for those Asians who finally understand that the far left does not represent their work and economic values, they eventually shift to the right.

All of the Asians I know have worked very hard for the success they have in life and don't want to see it "redistributed" to lazy entitled good for nothings same as the rest of us, and where we share common ground.


Yep. My folks voted for Jimmy Carter back in the day. Over the years, owning their own small business (grocery store for 18years), they changed their minds. We don't agree on everything, for sure, but nothing made me more proud of them when they supported Trump.
__________________
this is a signature
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-08-2017, 3:18 PM
Blade Gunner's Avatar
Blade Gunner Blade Gunner is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,436
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
I've always found it funny....out of my 50 or so Calguns transactions from The Marketplace, about 33-40% have been Asians (as am I).


Look at Riflegear in Fountain Valley, right next to little Saigon. High volume FFL. My nephew is the GM of a LGS on the SF peninsula. Over 50 percent of his sales are to repeat Asian buyers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing it all wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-08-2017, 6:28 PM
I Swan's Avatar
I Swan I Swan is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,839
iTrader: 70 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post
I've always found it funny....out of my 50 or so Calguns transactions from The Marketplace, about 33-40% have been Asians (as am I).
I believe that Asians are more in to tech and internet stuff therefore you more likely to encounter one on CGN. The shooting sports still on a national basis tend to be an older White man thing. I believe all Asians are 5% of total USA population.

Obviously gun shops like RG that are located next to large Asian population bases are going to have a lot of Asian customers as will ones that cater to Asian populations like Gun Effects does to Chinese.

Asians I think are 3% of AZ population I see less of them there at gun shops and shows. I also rarely see Asians at Stockade even though it is next to Lil Saigon.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-09-2017, 1:55 PM
kmas kmas is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: So Cal
Posts: 1,320
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default Good News

Great

Now they'll have less time to study and our kids can compete in Academics
at school ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:04 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy