Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 01-02-2016, 7:47 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine mil thrill View Post
edgerly, yes my boss witnessed it.
Then your boss is lying, sorely misinformed, confused or ignorant. There were no citations issued for target shooting with lead bullets. Plain and simple. He may as well say that people were given speeding tickets for driving red cars. Or call your semi-auto PA10 an assault rifle. Or your Sig a Glock.

Trash, litter, and shooting televisions and other junk? Hell yes, and I'll say again, GOOD. But no one was cited at a target range for lead bullets. I guarantee it.

I did hear of a guy who was cited for a wildlife violation for shooting steel targets, which I think is complete BS if it was done safely. But, range rules (which are clearly posted) say "paper and clay only".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch3 View Post
I would also like more information. I shoot at Oroville often, which is also within a wildlife area and managed by DFW.

There are signs there stating 'paper or clay targets only', but nothing about non-lead ammunition.
Oroville is fine to shoot lead ammo, don't worry. Just stick to paper and clay targets, as is allowed, and you'll be fine. I've shot tens of thousands of rounds there, plenty of those next to a green DFG truck while BS'ing with the wardens, and never had an issue. The dude next to me who set up glass bottles and shot them...well, he had an issue.

Last edited by Spyder; 01-02-2016 at 7:51 AM..
Old 01-02-2016, 8:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
why do you mock people who choose freedom?

Being pushed from your home by gun laws is about the most un free thing I can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake_nm View Post
10/4 . Ranger pm'd me. I will chill on replying to insults with my own insults. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-02-2016, 8:10 AM

oh.....ok....whatever you say spyder. absolutely nothing happened, no incident whatsoever, spyder is the absolute authority here. sorry for stepping on your toes. disregard whatever, spyder has the ultimate connections,,,,,,,please forgive me for the post...........
Old 01-02-2016, 8:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
oh.....ok....whatever you say spyder. absolutely nothing happened, no incident whatsoever, spyder is the absolute authority here. sorry for stepping on your toes. disregard whatever, spyder has the ultimate connections,,,,,,,please forgive me for the post...........
I can forgive your FUD post; it's the lack of capital letters I have a problem with.

Old 01-02-2016, 8:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You are missing the point. No one is saying, "absolutely nothing happened, no incident whatsoever." What they are saying is a citation wasn't issued for shooting lead bullets at targets because it's not illegal. Your boss may have seen a citation issued but it would have been for some other violation. Did your boss hear the conversation between the officer and the violator? Did he see the citation?
Old 01-02-2016, 9:09 AM
Hobnobbin' with a Goblin
CGN Contributor

NMT, you do know that this board has more than a few members on
it that carry a badge, enforce laws and write tickets don't you?
I'd like to see a copy of that ticket and what the violation is?
Maybe we can see it with the boss's name covered.
If tickets are being written for lead ammo in this scenario I want to know for sure.
How's the trash problem at Spenceville, is the mess being maintained
or a total S**t Hole as years ago when I was there?

-g
Old 01-02-2016, 9:27 AM

my boss saw paperwork issued, period. he is not a liar. but like spyder said..... my boss is lying, so this incident never happened.
Old 01-02-2016, 9:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
..... my boss is lying, so this incident never happened.
So why are we even talking about it?

Old 01-02-2016, 9:48 AM

Me and 3 other buddies went out there to shoot, it was my first time.. As we was setting up.. We saw a group of 5-6 ppl in green shirts (I'm guessing Fish and Game)??.. All they was doing was throwing trash in the big dumpster, they didn't say nothing whatsoever ever..
Old 01-02-2016, 9:53 AM
Hobnobbin' with a Goblin
CGN Contributor

So we still don't know all the facts and are still working off second hand information. At this point it would seem useless to continue the thread.
Maybe we can get the Mod's to move it to Off Topic where it would get wings
with more expert input.

-g
Old 01-02-2016, 10:45 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yes you have no idea how correct this statement is until you meet him.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
Then your boss is lying, sorely misinformed, confused or ignorant. There were no citations issued for target shooting with lead bullets. Plain and simple. He may as well say that people were given speeding tickets for driving red cars. Or call your semi-auto PA10 an assault rifle. Or your Sig a Glock.
Quote:
Nah, definitely not absolute authority, I just know that, as I said, someone is lying, sorely misinformed, confused, or ignorant. That's it.

But that's ok. You can keep sensationalizing stories with fabricated information to make it sound more exciting than it is. I hear the local newspaper has an opening for headline writer!

Quote:
my boss saw paperwork issued, period. he is not a liar. but like spyder said..... my boss is lying, so this incident never happened.
See previous answer. You failed to read the rest of the statement. He could very well be mistaken, and people were issued citations for other things than lead bullets. In fact, I said that myself, that I know of a guy written a ticket for shooting steel targets, which I think is complete BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOUNN View Post
Me and 3 other buddies went out there to shoot, it was my first time.. As we was setting up.. We saw a group of 5-6 ppl in green shirts (I'm guessing Fish and Game)??.. All they was doing was throwing trash in the big dumpster, they didn't say nothing whatsoever ever..
I used to spend a LOT of time at Spenceville and Oroville ranges. Haven't been to Spenceville in probably 5 years, still swing through Oroville whenever I'm in town. Oroville uses con crews (work projects in lieu of jail) to clean up. Very possible Spenceville is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinfull View Post
Yes you have no idea how correct this statement is until you meet him.
Hey, just 'cause I'm taller than you. (And my hair is almost as long now!)

Last edited by Spyder; 01-02-2016 at 11:25 AM..
Old 01-02-2016, 11:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You are still missing the point. Your boss probably is not lying. He may have seen paperwork issued. Did he actually hear the officer tell the offender that the citation was for shooting lead bullets? Did he see the actual citation saying is was for shooting lead bullets?

You boss may have seen paperwork issued and incorrectly assumed it was for shooting lead bullets when, in fact, it was for a different infraction.
Old 01-02-2016, 5:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Must be a lot of hangover going around. Could it be possible that indeed citations were issued by say a "New" officer that didn't understand that lead was prohibited for hunting but OK for target shooting? And that to OP was just trying to give a friendly heads up? The OP isn't exactly a 1 or 2 post guy......
Old 01-02-2016, 10:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
So your boss didn't get cited but he saw someone getting cited for something? Why wasn't he cited? Was he using non-lead ammo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 01-02-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Basically what everyone is saying is post proof or keep this kind of rumor to yourself. This kind of rumor does more harm then good for us and eats away at your credibility. I mean I could say that the sheriffs are confiscating home milled lowers at Coyote Point because a friend saw it happen, but unless I had proof it has very little credibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
So your boss didn't get cited but he saw someone getting cited for something? Why wasn't he cited? Was he using non-lead ammo?
That is a good point that should call into question this whole story.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:51 PM
Seņor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1103900
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1096359
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...php?p=17447904

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 01-03-2016, 1:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

And doesn't even know it.

Go easy on the kid.
Old 01-03-2016, 4:59 AM
I need a LIFE!!

tagged.
Old 01-03-2016, 8:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

From CDFW's non-lead ammunition FAQ:

'The regulations do not require use of nonlead ammunition when target shooting. Use of lead projectiles for target shooting is legal unless CDFW or another government entity has determined otherwise for lands they administer. The regulations do not prohibit the possession of concealable firearms containing lead ammunition, provided the firearm is possessed for personal protection and is not used to take or assist in the take of wildlife. With the exception of ammunition for concealable firearms possessed for personal protection, hunters may not possess lead ammunition along with a firearm capable of firing that ammunition in locations where nonlead ammunition is required.'

How would anyone know if such a 'determination' had been made in the absence of posted signs?
Old 01-03-2016, 8:41 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

HAH!!! So, yea... I called an old college buddy of mine who works for DFG in that area. Haven't talked to him in a couple years, but since his name was on some of the cites issued up there, he knows exactly what's going on. No, there was not a single citation written for lead ammo.

Like I said, there was some written for shooting steel targets where only paper and clay are allowed. Apparently that's under a code section 550? Not sure which book though, whether fish and game code or the title 14 that I got my hunting related ticket many many moons ago under. I gave him siht about the steel targets and said it was BS, and also said it was awesome that people were getting tickets for shooting televisions and freezers and computer monitors and all the other junk up there.

Lead ammo is perfectly fine for target shooting, even on DFG land. At this point. (I wouldn't be at all surprised if some time in the future that changes, but for now, we're all free to use lead ammo).

So again, your boss is either lying, sorely misinformed, confused, or ignorant. Whichever it is, HE IS FLAT OUT WRONG, and there were not any citations issued for lead ammo at Spenceville rifle range.

Please stop using factually incorrect sensational headlines and stories that are flat out wrong, to scare people in to believing things that aren't true.

OP, You may as well be the one on the news saying that the shoulder thing that goes up is deadly, and that heat seeking 50 caliber bullets are used to shoot down airplanes, and talking about automatic 30 caliber clips.
Old 01-03-2016, 8:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That is what i wanted all along a post that has some validation in it. Unsubstatiated rumors or statements create a lot of furor.
Old 01-03-2016, 8:57 AM
Hobnobbin' with a Goblin
CGN Contributor

Somehow, someway I just knew we were going to get to the truth of the matter.

So Spyder are you a felon?

-g
Old 01-03-2016, 6:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
No, they haven't. You're either lying, or confused about the facts. What do the citations say on them? What law or regulation is marked?

Citations for litter and shooting TVs and fridges? GOOD.
Did you ever consider an anger management class ?
Old 01-03-2016, 6:54 PM
Seņor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Warrior View Post
I was supposed to go, but those people piss me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 01-03-2016, 6:54 PM

Lead is harmful

That's their job - to cite offenders.
Old 01-03-2016, 7:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Ive had my guns checked many times out there but never ammo.
Old 01-03-2016, 7:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
I was supposed to go, but those people piss me off.
Perfect thanks for the laugh
Old 01-03-2016, 7:49 PM
Calguns Addict

they should be spending their resources on gang members using lead bullets in the city limit.
Old 01-03-2016, 7:57 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Warrior View Post
NO!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2016, 9:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

How about cheap Russian steel ammo?
Old 01-04-2016, 9:53 AM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

Yea, his boss got a ticket for that too, but it was still in the box in the truck. They towed the truck and put it in impound and made everyone walk home. And then they shot the dog and kept all the guns for their own personal collections.
Old 01-04-2016, 1:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yea, his boss got a ticket for that too, but it was still in the box in the truck. They towed the truck and put it in impound and made everyone walk home. And then they shot the dog and kept all the guns for their own personal collections.
I hate it when they do that.
Old 01-04-2016, 3:54 PM

I did go out to Spenceville today, and besides the "shooting only clay and paper targets", sign.......this is what is on the board.
yes the "no lead" sign, pertains to hunting, but I am also researching what all the codes that are grouped together at the bottom.
there is more to the story.......let's see what response I will get back to post.

(Mangan range in Sacramento was recently shut down for good, due to the high lead throughout the facility)

Last edited by nine mil thrill; 01-04-2016 at 4:02 PM..
Old 01-04-2016, 4:19 PM

"HUNTERS" "HUNTING" no mention of TARGET SHOOTING, bugger off with the crap
Old 01-04-2016, 4:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

I did go out to Spenceville today, and besides the "shooting only clay and paper targets", sign.......this is what is on the board.
yes the "no lead" sign, pertains to hunting, but I am also researching what all the codes that are grouped together at the bottom.
there is more to the story.......let's see what response I will get back to post.

(Mangan range in Sacramento was recently shut down for good, due to the high lead throughout the facility)
Geeez, why don't they just put up a sign that reads NOTHING IS ALLOWED

MLC________________________________

Happiness is a warm gun
Old 01-04-2016, 4:31 PM

mike, you are an idiot.....did you not read the post ?? I said.....it refers to hunting.....BUT, it also includes "eco" areas, and I am trying to find out if there is anything in the list of codes posted. the **** that is in small print, is what we need to be concerned about.
Old 01-04-2016, 4:53 PM

Quote:
mike, you are an idiot.....did you not read the post ?? I said.....it refers to hunting.....BUT, it also includes "eco" areas, and I am trying to find out if there is anything in the list of codes posted. the **** that is in small print, is what we need to be concerned about.
Personnel insults, it's down to that low a level. Why not try insulting my mom while your at it.
Old 01-04-2016, 4:55 PM

ok....what is her first name...??
Old 01-04-2016, 5:02 PM

Quote:
ok....what is her first name...??
What are you... like 5 years old or something?