View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 12:22 PM
In Memoriam

I have a question..may or may no be applicable here. I frequent another forum where there is a particular board that is not available to the general public...it is by "approval" only...in order to use the board you have to apply to the moderators who validate the user's identity , etc...I was only thinking that for items that often get discussed like new products that might aid in "compliance" with the new laws, etc, could be freely discussed without fear it is feeding "visitors" that are interested in trying to create legislation to block any efforts that might be presented to help "comply" with the law and still maintain our freedoms.

I know there are "visitors" on line all the time and the things that are often discussed openly have got to be fodder for their legislative efforts...one that comes to mind is the single shot exemption that was often touted and even bragged about on Calguns and I'm sure some of that bragging led to the legislation that altered the single shot exemption...if there was a "quiet" place for approved members to discuss things like that it might keep the trolls at bay..

Just a thought. I know the other board I mention had some serious problems with posts in the open forums and now the "approved only" board has allowed for an exchange without the general public being involved.