View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie View Post
How about the S&W 686 Plus 3" anyone? A Seven Shot L-Frame .357 Magnum.

or an Eight Shot S&W Performance Center 627 2.6" cut for full moon clips from the factory? It would be one heck of a back-up piece loaded with Underwood's .38 Special +P 125gr. Bonded Jacketed Hollow Point Speer .38 Special Gold Dot bullets! Weighing 37.8 oz. there would not be much recoil or recovery time between shots. How would that ring the bad guys chimes especially in states that are limiting magazine capacity in autos to ten rounds?

The study of Tactical Anatomy and shot placement in conjunction with the best ammunition plays a vital role in incapacitation as fast as possible and is not necessarily related to but can result in the mortality of the assaulter in my humble opinion.

Tactical Anatomy is an innovative approach to marksmanship that has begun to revolutionize law enforcement firearms training. ... We train law enforcement officers in the critical anatomic zones of the human body, and how to visualize these vital zones in 3 dimensions from any angle of presentation. This would be especially important with less powerful rounds like the .38 Special.

I have a 627 and it’s a great pistol for revolver competition but you’d need a trailer to carry it anyplace. Not practical at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk