View Single Post
Old 08-25-2021, 4:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by user120312 View Post
Thanks for the report, good to read. From what I can see, they stopped the forward progress east of Sly Park Road and much of the Virrs in that area is stale and the circles drawn around the points can be misleading. GOES is showing very little active fire along that front and those images are usually 10-20 minutes old. With the winds forecasted during the day, I hope the west side holds the line. Looks like it should. I see a bit of a flare up in the Grizzly Flat/Mt Aukum road area to the south but the structure population down there is much less. Best wishes!
The Zoom Earth map shows smoke and other stuff as heat which results in those alarming images. It is more complex that that... but yes it is misleading. Elsewhere I had someone give a pretty detailed technical explanation for what Zoom Earth maps are showing and why. If I stumble across it again, I'll post that explanation here.

"Orwell was an Optimist" - Cali-Glock
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)