View Single Post
Old 10-05-2019, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
A tad arrogant is how I would word it.

Christians claim that their way is the only way to The Father.
Everyone else is going to hell.
That includes God's "chosen people" (the Jews)

Uh-huh, uh-huh.
I don't think so.
^^^A common misperception that’s made from those that clearly do not understand Christianity, nor the Christian Bible.

Romans 1:14-16 (NIV)
14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Paul tells us in Galatians...

Galatians 3:26-29 (NIV)
26-So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heir according to the promise.

1Peter 2:9-10 (KJV)
9-But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10-Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

(*** In the OT, Israel was called God's "chosen people." In the NT, "believers" are designated as chosen, or elect. “Royal priesthood.”)

(***In Hosea, it is Israel who is NOT God's people; in Romans it is the Gentiles to whom Paul applies Hosea's words; in 1 Peter the words are applied to both. )

Paul says:

Romans 1:14-16 (NIV)
14 I am obligated both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and the foolish. 15 That is why I am so eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in Rome. 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><