View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 7:47 PM

I retired in 2018 after 29 years. We hung around CA for a few years while my daughter was in college but when covid hit and school shut down we decided it was time and bailed. I still do some traveling and consulting work but most of my time is spend on my 10 acres with my chainsaw and tractor. Hey, the shooting range and zip line aren't going to build themselves! The wife and I go into town once a week or so for shopping and lunch.

As someone said, there are always guys whose entire identity revolves around the badge. They are also usually the ones who are two or three times divorced, drinking too much, and still trying to talk shop. It was a job, a fun one most of the time, that allowed us to do some good. Move on with something else. I do sometimes miss the adrenaline and the camaraderie but life is about change. Let the young hard chargers do their part.

"News stories and the truth are a bit like fraternal twins. They are related but only vaguely resemble each other."

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt