View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 9:40 PM
WooHoo! Free at Last!
CGN Contributor

Another long one:
I want to put my 2 cents in, but then again I do not. Oh well, here we go:

First let me say this: I am definitely in/for this club. I will be traveling approx. 45 miles one way to attend the first meeting(just found that out today. So much for me staying local. Want move it back to ASR CSACANNONEER?).

I would bow out of the first meeting because obviously it will have no useful information on actual reloading and will deal solely on the structure of the club, which is not what I am looking for, but I want to be a part of this club. I know I am going to receive invaluable information from this entity regarding reloading, and regardless of the current political climate I believe in quid pro quo. I personally believe you should give back more than what you receive, but that is just the way I was brought up.

Whew! If you knew how long it took me to write that you would agree.
With that being said, I have some thoughts and questions, but no answers.

"Bad John, didn't the Army teach you to provide answers if you have question/concerns"? Yes they did, but I am all out.

When I first read about the starting of these statewide reloading chapters I thought "Cool, now I can learn to reload".

When I saw the Long Beach chapter forming I thought"Amazing! I am joining them(and I still think that)". What I didn't think about was the local chapter coming under the purview of the state leader and/or the local C3 leader. This can have a profound impact on the policies of the Long Beach Chapter as opposed to the San Jose Chapter. What might work in one chapter may not be compatible in another. I am sure that BigBronco knows that, but I just had to mention it.

I have been in the military, and understand a chain of command. I am missing something here. I am stupid. I don't understand how Blumsie(the State Coordinator) can state that " Whatever chain of command you want to use is fine. I would say Colt/Exodus are president and vice, but that doesn't mean you guys cannot have a ruling body over club funds, organization, and events". But then in the next sentence says" The chain of command as of now goes

CGSSA
Mrlonewolf and Pennysdad

State Coordinators (Also OC leaders)

Big Bronco
Myself
Dark Mod

Regional Club Leaders
My head is reeling! That is why I am attending the first meeting. I don't understand why an OC C3 Leader would even be in the chain of command for the Long Beach Chapter. Does that mean an OC C3 leader can tell the Long Beach club that they can't do an organized event, just because it doesn't fit his "social profile"? I know I am being stupid here, but what if?

Another thing: the idea of paid memberships, dues, and non-paid memberships. I believe that topic needs some very deep discussion. I really don't like the idea of "second class citizens" in any form, but I understand the distinction between paying and non-paying members. It's a hard line to hold but I am sure BigBronco knows the legal rules on that one.

That is all I have for now. Holy crap I can't believe I typed all of that out. It took me almost two hours.

This was not meant to nit-pick or slam anyone. I am just providing an opinion(s). PLEASE don't kick me out! Can't we all just get along!

John

P.S. Happy Independence Day Everyone! I will be pouring out 17 beers tomorrow for my friends and partners that gave their all in Iraq 2004-2006
And in all fairness, just because JMB did it doesn't mean anything. He'd have won WWII with a soup can, a fork, and a couple rocks. Seriously, even McGuyver and Steven Hawking get together every now and then and are like "How the **** did he do that?..."

Last edited by jfwlb; 07-03-2013 at 9:53 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something, geeez