View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70runner View Post
Following with interest, good info. My SCR lower half is in jail. I'm embarking on a project to build a LH SCR. Assuming SCR BC is shortened version of std BC with reliefs for the strut pin. Have several Stag LH BCGs. Plan to mill one of them to physically replicate the SCR BC, add the strut pin holes, along with LH bolt.

Have a Gibbz LH SCU enroute, in case I'm able to successfully create the LH BC. If not, I'll convert one of my LH ARs to SCU. Probably go with a mid length gas rig, generally prefer Larue barrels/gas blocks.

DJD, what scope did you settle on?
Hi, looking forward to hearing about your SCR BC fabrication, very cool!

I haven't fully decided on a final scope yet, though currently I have a cheap UTG 3X9X32 on there. It works quite well out to at least 100 yds when I had it on my .308. I will try it at 100 yds and 200 yds next time I hit the range with the SCR, when the rain stops.

It's a cheap Chinese Scope called the "BugBuster" (way less than $100 retail)...

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...=SCP-M392AOLWQ

I'll note that the glass has some distortion at the edges at max magnification, so I typically stick to 7X, and that the reticle is relatively thick which will be a PITA for long range stuff, but again for 200 yds and in it survived my .308, so I'm hoping it will have a long life on my .223 SCR. It has good eye relief and is decently bright for a 32mm AO.

I am also going to get a red dot most likely, and switch them around as desired. If I start shooting longer ranges then I'll pay for some good glass.

Good luck with your project!

Doug

Last edited by DJD100; 12-05-2018 at 9:40 PM..