View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 9:40 AM

Default Ruger Precision Rifle - Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
I might buy the ARCs anyways if I buy another set of magazines.

These are important clarifications, good to make them. (but metal mags are still needed over those pmags, even if they are 5 rounders!)
I'd stay away from the ARC mags until they get their follower worked out~ I've really wanted them too. I used a borrowed one in the talcum dust in the Central Valley and could NOT get it to cycle after a few mag loads. BTW this type of dust with a tiny bit of precip. turns glue like - killing triggers like Jewells etc.. so I could only imaging how bad they might have run with a tiny bit of drizzle added. I've heard others having many issues with clean mags.

Totally agree on the metal mag upgrade ~

The bipod adjustability isn't just key for running off a prop. but actual more so important when you just have an uneven FFP, like hunting. Lastly, tension adjustability is key if running the notched legs. The notched legs allow more robust and much easier and faster adjustment than the standard legs, but must be married with the swiveling base. Most new shooters "I think" opt for the other, due to the lower cost and wrongly think that the value is non-notched legs being more adjustable.

Very good point about incline needs requiring different height bipods. Thats why I recommend the Primary Adaptive Solutions Pass connector option, allows something like a 6 - 9 Harris to use 3” to 18” inch leg extensions, making it one of the most versatile solutions around. This image (just what I had on my phone) is on one of my Atlas, but I have several Harris too. It show the 18” CF leg extensions From the above mentioned.

The only reason for pointing this out, is that I hope it helps make sense of what I said.

I also think people are sometimes confused with the running around from barricade to barricade as seen in 3 gun (Pistol, Shot gun & semi auto), vrs positional long range shooting (or PRS style) that uses obstacles and barricades to increase the difficulty. In the later you're not physically running through the entire course of fire. Ya, one has to know their system as they might have 90 seconds to shoot a bunch of long range targets, but it isn't "run and gun".

D.I.Y. Barricade simulator using RRS tripod.

Last edited by diver160651; 10-06-2017 at 10:41 AM..