Thread: Bye bye ITAR
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 4:08 PM
Agent 86
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neffect View Post
New 07/02SOT here. Do you only pay ITAR if you're exporting now? 2A Zone, I see you sell NFA items as well. Are you and 07/02 as well? I have no plans on exporting .Just trying to understand the new changes.
Most US civilian legal firearms, ammunition and accessories used to be exported under the control of the Department of Commerce (who helped you export) until 2009 when the Obama administration took control. *
Suddenly almost everything (most firearms, parts and accessories) was under the control of the Department of Defense and difficult to export except for sporting shotguns and sporting shotgun ammo.
Now most will move back to the DOC.

We will likely see full auto remain with the DOD, maybe .50 BMG too.
Anything "mil-spec" (like scopes with military reticles) may still be restricted.
Most handguns, manual or semi rifles, parts and accessories should be much easier to export.
Gun manufacturers may still have to DOD.

We have to wait for the new regulations to be published

* Just to give you an idea of what was going on back then, when I submitted my mandatory request to get my "commodity jurisdiction" assigned, the address was the DOD's "Department of Political Military Affairs" in Washington D.C.
I knew when I addressed the envelope that I was going to be restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
I don't really care, I just like to argue.