View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 9:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalinas View Post
I ordered myself some more medical gear.

This EDC Trauma kit is pretty overt as it fits OWB. But nonetheless i have decided to carry it.

I think the trick to EDCing stuff in your waistband is to wear a shirt between the product and the skin, and wear an overshirt if you need to conceal it.
There are several ways to carry a tactical medical kit, and it may depend on scaling, what you have on you, vs what you can likely get to.

Ankle carry of the kit is very easy unless you wear shorts. A belly band can work as well if you don't mind having more than one to be able to launder them. Your cargo pocket if you wear those kind of pants will work for the basics. The kind of things your likely to need for your self can largely be carried in a vacuum sealed pouch the size of a sandwich baggie. Your range kit, car kit, office kit, etc can be much more extensive. Remember all these things have shelf lives. Also if you haven't trained with the products it's not going to come to you under stress, so your going to open some. Training of course is key. Periodically 5.11, Artemis Defense Institute and others have offer trauma medical training, one of the benefits of which is that you get hands on with the various compress packed items you are likely carrying.

Stay safe.