View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 7:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwack44 View Post
I initially tried that. Created a Win 10 installer using a 16B stick. Then disconnected the OEM 2TB drive, had only the SSD installed, and booted up from the stick. The 'stick' would not identify the SSD (which I had already formatted). I have a hunch with OEM drives that have Win 10 pre-installed, there must be a code that makes the stick identify with the drive. I even tried booting the stick and placing Win 10 on an external 3.0 USB hard drive. No luck.

Aside from that, I don't want to re-install the third party programs (Adobe Suite, MS Office, Quickbooks, etc). I'm hoping cloning the drive will bypass that time suck.
What kind of computer is it? I haven’t yet found anything that Win10 wouldn’t see unless the BIOS had some funky settings... Do you know what your drive controller is set to? UEFI - AHCI/RAID etc? Some have a CMS module that has to be set right or secure boot settings have to be tweaked.
"A rational mind does not work under compulsion; it does not subordinate its grasp of reality to anyone’s orders, directives, or controls; it does not sacrifice its knowledge, its view of the truth, to anyone’s opinions, threats, wishes, plans, or “welfare.” Such a mind may be hampered by others, it may be silenced, proscribed, imprisoned, or destroyed; it cannot be forced; a gun is not an argument."