Thread: CMP Rack grade
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 1:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm767 View Post
I was very lucky with the two I received other than the wood on one of them. If I wasn't at my CMP limit for the year Id order more, but it's like playing Russian roulette, I've seen some that were just horrible, barrels not even round any more due to corrosion, pitting so bad the receiver legs look like their ready to break off. But even so could probably part it out for your investment and maybe a little more.
Maybe I got lucky as well. I received a decent WWI era SA with lock bar sights an a nice SA/NFR cartouched stock, and a lesser but still decent HRA with pretty crappy wood that was easily refurbished and put to presentable shape. The HRA had a lot of surface rust on various bits like the butt plate and ferrule/swivels, but cleaned up well.

Both had good bores, and shot well.

Maybe I beat the odds and should quit while I'm ahead, but I just gotta spin the wheel one more time.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."