View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 3:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki6vsm View Post
Here's an interesting pic from that same page I linked. Do you think it's possible to run the mounting rail out that far forward and still have a stable mount? Is so, this is kinda cool for sure. It's a better position for a scope base anyway, for most scopes I think, and we can see that the rear ladder sight remains in place.

Unfortunately with the scope mounted you might not be able to remove the bolt unless the
scope is far enough forward to allow the sight to stand vertically.

The Fultons mount looks like a copy of the S&K mount that is on my Long Branch.

I took the rifle and a #4 Mk2 .303 to the range today. i had to re-sight the scoped #4, putting a different butt on the rifle changed the POI dramatically, it was shooting over a foot high at 100 yds. This target is the last 3 rounds of 7.62 for the day. The other patched holes are from the .303 shooting a variety of Yugo Mk 8 and Mk7 ball as well as my handloads. I had 3 rounds of FNM 82 7.62mm ball left so I put them into the .303 target. Not bad! This was 100 yds with a rest.

This is the .303, an unwrapped #4 Mk 2 PF Irish contract rifle. Supremely accurate with BT Mk8 rounds except I can no longer make the iron sights work for me.

Last edited by smle-man; 10-18-2021 at 6:29 PM..