View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 11:51 PM
Veteran Member

I don’t know any deputies anymore with RSO, but they used to suck as an employer. Now times have changed and from what I’ve only seen as an outsider, their sheriff is great. Again, I don’t work for them so I don’t really know how they are today. But I live in their service area and have been pretty happy with them. Except for one time when my little neighbor kids thought their house next door was being burglarized and the arriving LONE deputy made the sixth grader go inside with him to clear the house! I wasn’t home when that happened, but my wife was and told me about it when I got home. I never complain about fellow cops, but I did on that case. But it was isolated and about 18 years ago. I woulda gone off on that deputy had I been home when my wife got the knock on the door from the kids and when she called 911. I woulda never let that RSO deputy take a child with him on a house clearing. The deputy thought he was going to expect to possibly find an actual resident that lived inside the house and wanted the kid to say, “yes that’s family” or whatever. Still, it was a horrible decison on the deputy’s part.

But back on topic, I feel they are a fine department under California standards these days and you’ll probably be happy overall. It used to be in the late 80’s and early 90’s when I started, folks would say, “go LA county or Ontario PD or Anaheim or Santa Ana and screw Riverside.” Today, that feeling has been reversed.

Yes, be honest with everything during backgrounds.

It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs

-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><