View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 3:59 PM
- DVC - Mojave Lever Crew
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Great place but was by myself and noticed some softer areas not suitable for 4x2 truck.

Yeah, I hear you. You were wise to know when to say when. Always best when new to a remote area to do have two or more vee-hickles.

Do you carry any recovery gear? I do, because I'm also in a 4 X 2 (but 2" higher than how it was first built) and I figure I need to have recovery gear even more than someone who drives a 4 X 4, right? Hee!... Alas, there are places I cannot go into because I know I'm limited by my vehicle.

Right now with the way things are in auto sales, manufacturing and what with parts "supply chain issues" I figure I'm lucky to have what I have. I'd love to trade up to a 4 X 4 but it ain't in the card$ at the moment, so I carry a substantial amount of recovery gear in the event I need to attempt self-recovery.

Like you might, I find the desert to be staggeringly beautiful; always have. It's just now that I'm actually beginning to spend more time in it than just target shooting (and then riding motorcycles over half a lifetime ago). I fitting a Webasto 2000W diesel heater to a 5 X 10 "soft road" cargo/camper conversion trailer for cold-weather camping.

I'd thought of getting a group of 4 X 2 soft-roaders together but I figure it'd just be the blind leading the blind... or that it'd be like fighting with one hand tied... We're riding the short bus of offroading, that's for sure.

"Other people’s rights dont end where your fears begin." - rcairbear

"Get a proper holster, and go hot. The End." - SplitHoof

NRA Lifetime | Avatar courtesy WingDings