View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
So, we need to do ourselves a favor and train on our own initiative for alternate carries, outfits and circumstances. Ever try drawing from a purse in high heels and a body con dress? I haven't. I can imagine that my stance would be off-kilter due to the heels. Are you a business professional that wears a suit and jacket? Better try drawing with your jacket on as I can imagine that the shoulders would be restricted when you come up to contact ready. Maybe practice carrying heavy grocery bags, drop them on the ground and draw. Or practice drawing and shooting with heavy bags hanging from your shoulders.

During my weekly dry fire practice tonight, I practiced drawing and firing with a purse and jacket hanging off of my shoulder. I also practiced drawing and firing with the purse, jacket, and with a full shopping bag in each hand. I would practice dropping the bags to the ground first, as well as attempting to draw and fire with the shopping bags still hanging from my wrists. I included static drills (standing and drawing) as well as walking up and down my hallway holding the bags and then dropping and drawing once I got to my safe direction.

Great exercises! It was a real eye-opener to learn how awkward it is to get a proper grip on my weapon when I have to drop bags first. I recommend trying this type of exercise for men and women alike.