Thread: Santa Clara
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
(1) IMO from what you wrote, Hirokawa will initially take Santa Clara Co from dark red on the CA CCW GC map to light red or maybe even yellow. After that, who knows.

I would NOT give up on Smith. If she's as scared as you think, she may now be open to persuasion. As the old saying goes, "Politicians see the light when they feel the heat." Right now, she's feeling the heat of possibly being out of a job. Now, when she's vulnerable, suddenly CGNers are AWOL in the San Jose Chapter threads about her....

I'm really beginning to see that most CGNers are whiners who do NOTHING to improve their own situations, so rather than try to encourage or help them, I just do what I think best myself.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=307

Has ANYONE already contacted her via her campaign's FB page?

Santa Clara Co is the MOST populous county in NorCal. Smith is vulnerable. Hirokawa is better re. CCWs. This, or some other thread/s re. this election, should be among the busiest on CGN. Yet they're
The answer is simply no, no, no. With all due respect, Paladin, I think you've spent too much time on Calguns thinking about this stuff from an academic viewpoint. Smith has been ignoring us for twenty whole years. She was vulnerable last election too when Kevin Jensen took a shot at her seat and people tried to get her to come out for CCW then too. It was the same story. She ignored us and when she didn't do that she actively insulted us and showed her disdain for us in the SJ Merc interview. This indecisive "what about Smith" stuff isn't the solution to the problems in this county. It's just going to discourage people from voting her out. She can't be reached and she can't be negotiated with. And even if by some miracle she DID start talking to our community, I wouldn't be inclined to trust a single word out of her mouth.

The solution here is for her to go and for us to get a new guy in that is willing to overhaul the process. Someone who is open to our issue and has been talking to us from day 1.