Thread: Turner effect?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 5:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So, here's an example.

Roughly 2-3 months ago, I went to the Reseda store to look at a Marlin lever action .357/.38. It was a Wednesday Discount Club Members advertised sale (that was emailed to me) for $659, if I remember correctly.

The store did not have one in stock (nor did any of the Turners that were close to me) and I was told I would need to make a nonrefundable deposit of $180 and if I ended up not liking it, I would have to buy another gun with the $180 and that no refund would be issued.

I did not care for that policy and decided not to buy it. Advertising it, but not having it in stock and potentialy forcing the customer to spend money (that should be refunded) on something else just didn't seem right to me. It's almost like a bait and switch situation in my opinion.

I've bought quite a few guns there before and the salesman I usually deal with knows me (and my brother, who also has bought quite a few guns there) well.

As far as I'm concerned, the above policy does nothing but deter me from buying from or even stepping inside of Turners. No more trips to Turner's to see if there's anything I'd like to buy before I go hunting, fishing or shooting.

There are plenty of other places where I can spend money on the things I want.

Last edited by BOBGBA; 08-01-2019 at 5:10 PM..