View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 4:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
I had the exact same problem, but you aren't going to like my solution. The tolerances are too tight with the CWS accessories. Not their fault, they make their products consistently. However the GSG is pot metal lottery. Take a look at the extractor carefully and watch as it goes into battery. When I had the CWS accessories in place, the extractor would catch on the groove and cause the slide to not go into battery until you give it a gentle nudge.

I didn't want to file the groove so it was my excuse to buy the CWS barrel. The new barrel mated perfectly with the groove.

But like I said, you won't like my solution. Buying a $150 barrel for a $300 gun is probably not ideal. I enjoy shooting the modified GSG so I guess it was worth it.

Next time you the chance - look at the barrel placement when you are using the original bushing and the barrel screw versus, no barrel screw and the CWS bushing. The CWS bushing is great because it is consistent unlike the when you use the barrel screw when it varies by how much you torque it down. But the CWS bushing places the barrel just a hair bit higher. That is enough to offset the location of the extractor relative to the extractor groove.

side note: youtube etc will say, use fine grit sandpaper to remove overspray from the slide rails. I did that. But still did not solve the slide not going into battery.
I'll look into that and get back to you. I love the 1911 form factor but as I've already put $50 grips and a $70 tuner kit and was planning on putting better sights on it, I'm starting to wonder if I should spent the money on a Buckmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Luvr View Post
If the extractor alignment is the problem and you have verified this, you can tune the bottom of the extractorís front edge with a file to put an angle on it that will allow the extractor to ride over that tiny point of contact. Itís not the ideal solution as it places a small amount of upward tension on the extractor, but if the interference is only 1 or 2 thousandths (which it likely is), this should fix it for you.
I'll look into that as well. I think I can buy a replacement extractor as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911Luvr View Post
Well if thatís all you wanted, youíre good to go! But if you need an excuse to spend $500 on a $270 gun you should look at his full slide replacement kits! Now if you feel the need to spend even more, you should look at his custom packages. Hereís your excuse for that:

Note: this is not my gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow... is that a thumb rest screwed into the slide? Interesting.