View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 5:23 PM

To ignore the fundamental principles underlying any broad topic is asinine and chicken****. Yo call out a moron who would tread on the rights of others because they don’t agree with one’s personal positions, only stiffens the lack of cohesion among discourse related to guns in America.

It’s a position of weakness and fear. To hear people to talk of the left’s assault on our “moral” society is sickening. To hear the right wasting time on necessity for prayer (an inveterately personal subject) in the classroom, is equally revolting.

At the end of the day, an issue s no stronger than its underlying principles. If we are not encouraging a traditional/classic market liberalism here, we’ve failed. The intent of the likes of Patrick Henry, was to limit the scope of government.

It never fails to amaze me how many times I’ve seen *******s here go to the DOJ to solve what should be civil matters. We have courts, the last bastion of mature consent in the country, to handle these things. Yet people would go whine to our worst of enemies.

It’s not that they’re necessarily wrong in the their complaints, however, going to the devil to put our fires, is more than mildly hypocritical, and outright stupid.

Until we teach the true principles of freedom, we’ve lost. Arguments held over Jim Beam about the sin of drug use without harm to others, or the crime “problem” as the necessity for gun ownership is abhorrent. It avoids the primary purpose underpinning the only sacrosanct basis for the 2nd Amendment: Protection from Government Interference and Tyranny.

And this is a forum of adult issues. Screw the family friendly and safe for work guidelines. Grow up and grow a pair. We have no level playing field in this world. We never will. If you don’t like it, turn it off.

I could go on forever but I’d probably get banned. That said, a consistent discussion is that freedom from others as manifested by the abhorrence of those official elected. It’s not Republican or Democrat, though I find the true fascism to come from the progressive left, notwithstanding, ours is a battle of right. We lost that years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk