View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgatodeacero View Post
I think this would be received better if half the refuges went lead free and half continued to allow lead and then study lead levels in various animals, soil, water, plants, etc. every year for 5-10 years and tell us if it makes a difference. Could the Feds be trusted to play it straight?

I think the environmental lead is from industry and not from projectiles, but I am willing to study it honestly.
Lead and most all hazardous substances are divided in to soluble and insoluble forms . Bullets , fishing weights are insoluble/ lead paint , lead oxide , leaded gas = soluble … same thing with merucury … we were all taught as kids that if you broke A thermometer the mercury would kill you … WRONG ! Mercury vapor bad, soluble mercury in water bad . Mercury in a flask … not bad .
Ever wonder why you can’t make that sweet ringing noise spitting in a spittoon ??
Because that sweeet ring we all remember from westerns and cartons as kids is actually the noise mercury makes when you spit it in a pan .. out of your mouth into the gold pan. So ya 100 yo grandpa who put mercury in his mouth like a dip never had a problem with it but the un educated left would like you to believe differently.