View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiti View Post
I’m thinking about doing the pro package myself.

I’ve been reading and watching videos for this. Looks pretty much straight forward with the right tools. I’m just worried that I may over polish something.

Also, I’ve read a diy post that it may require some sanding somewhere in the sear assembly thingy in order just to make the trigger work or reset.

Is this the case or it should be a drop in upgrade with no fitting required.
I installed the Pro Package myself in my first ever CZ. Its not hard as long as you are comfortable with basic mechanical work. You need a good set of punches, a good work surface and block (some use a block of wood, I used an AR lower assembly block), a decent hammer with soft and hard faces, I used 1000 grit emery paper. Also get the CGW start punch

The hardest part for me was getting the factory hammer pins started out and the replacement pins started going in. The rest is just fitting so lots of assembly and disassembly.

The sear cage is not difficult, just a lot of small parts and springs to not lose in it and the detents on the frame for the safety/decocker.

As for over polishing, as long as you don't round corners that need to be sharp or polish the machining marks away, you should be fine. I use a razor blade to wrap the emery paper around for a sharp and flat edge.