View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 5:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
The end,.....not quite.

Yes I read your Bible verses...
Are the Jews God's chosen people? The answer is yes.
Are they Christian? The answer is no.
Are the Jews going to hell? According to Christians - yes.

That was the point.
Sorry for the late response Rizzo. I replied a few days ago to someone else’s question and accidently skipped past the other responses. Yours caught my eye just now.....

Your answers are your opinion, but they are definatley NOT SUPPORTED biblically to say the least. Many people like you are confused as to what the Bible really says about “God’s chosen, elect, called or Royal Priesthood,” when referring to Christians.

“Are the Jews God’s Chosen people?”

Well, God‘s chosen people is “Israel”, according to Deuteronomy 7:6-8 and 14:2....and so is the Christian community (see 1 Peter 2:9)

1 Peter 2:9-10 (NIV-84)
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10-Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

** chosen people.** See Ephesians 1: 4-14. As Israel was called God‘s chosen people in the Old Testament, so in the New Testament believers are designated as CHOSEN or ELECT. A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD..

People belonging to God. Though once not the people of God, they are now the recipients of God‘s mercy. See Romans 10:19 below:

Romans 10:19 (ESV)
But I ask, did Israel not understand? First Moses says, “I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation; with a foolish nation I will make you angry “

ROMANS 9:25-26 (ESV)
As indeed he says in Hosea, “Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’” 26 “And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”

Romans 10:12 (NIV)
For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him. 13-For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

True Israel consists of people from "every tribe and tongue and people and nation
Everything that was promised to Abraham and his descendants in the OT, is offered to people in the NT.

Ephesians 2:14-22 (ESV)
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, 16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. 17 And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

Those who call Jesus Lord, are the “true Israel”...

Romans 9:1-9: (NIV)
9 I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit— 2 I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, 4 the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. 5 Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen. 6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. FOR NOT ALL WHO ARE DESCENDED FROM ISRAEL ARE ISRAEL. 7 NOR BECAUSE THEY ARE HIS DESCENDANTS ARE THEY ALL ABRAHAM's CHILDREN. On the contrary, It is through Isaac that your offspring will be "reckoned." (or "named" in NASB). 8 In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.

Amen.
<><

ďPay attention. Iím educating you and Iím using small words.Ē -Mark Levin

-Life member, NRA
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 10-15-2019 at 6:01 PM..