View Single Post
Old 04-04-2022, 10:21 PM
Preceptor Preceptor is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%

Other super important factors for injured personnel to consider is- Who to choose for a primary care physician. Generally, I would be fine with the contract medical care your agency uses for most “minor” injuries. However, if truly facing a potential career ending medical condition or debilitating mental health/ emotional work related crisis, I strongly recommend a physician who specializes in worker’s compensation. You can still see any surgeon, therapist, or other provider your primary recommends, but you have a specialist who is intimately involved with articulating if you’re Permanently Precluded or Permanent and Stationary and unable to perform your cop job.

Your primary medical provider who is a work comp specialist will also be acutely aware of the timelines that come up quicker than one may realize. This can be key when you need to retain an attorney and are dealing with a QME, AME, Utilization Review for reasonable treatment and when it comes time to separate. You’re then looking at potential monetary settlement, and acceptance of medical retirement.
Reply With Quote