Thread: AZ CCW permit
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 7:10 AM

Location: Up in the hills, above the beach in the foggy redwoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig so sour of ca View Post
So question. I canít find my hunter certificate but I found an old hunting permit. I got my hunter CERT many moons ago.

Can I get a new current hunting permit to satisfy the training requirements? Or do I have to take a hunting class again?

I was able to get a duplicate of my Michigan Hunter's Safety Certificate from 1972 online... Of course that was from Michigan!

Here is where I found the information for the California Dept. of Fish and Game (as it was known then when I worked for them back in the day - we called it the California Dept of Fun and Games). Now the California Dept of Fish and Wildlife.

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Hunter-E...cember-31-2015

In the FAQs section...

How do I replace a lost certificate?

It depends; when was the class taken?
Prior to 1989

From 1989 to December 31, 2015

From 1989 to December 31, 2015, the Department maintained a database of student records. Contact CDFW license sales office or the Hunter Education Program office at (916) 653-1235.

If your information is in the student database, your Online License Sales profile will be updated so you can purchase a Hunter Education Certificate (Duplicate).

If your information is not in the student database, you will need to repeat the course.

From January 1, 2016 to moving forward