View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
I agree, but as a competitive shooter, I need to be able to transport my free state configuration AR to matches around the state without worrying about some young traffic cop seizing them because they don't know if it's legal or not.
By having it registered, it can be looked up in the registry and show up as legally registered to me and since it's an AW, there are no configuration issues to worry about if the gun is legal or not other than NFA issues that apply to ALL guns equally.

I'm not retiring in CA so there's no issue of me not being able to sell them.
I'll be able to sell them or bequeath them when I am too old to enjoy them myself.
Not being an *** BUT do you think a LEO will have the equipment let alone an updated system to check that while on the road ? You know good and well it will be confiscation and come back a later date because that's just the way it works. So now you're delayed to a match , take time off to ge pick up LEGAL firearm and possibly miss work days ? That's just criminal imho. No need to register , it's already in a system when you DROS.