View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHamn View Post
Good find, this confirms my suspicion that Mossberg's website product specs aren't very reliable/accurate at least when it comes to the weight. Unless black plastic weighs more

I know the 590A1 has the heavier barrel, but the regular 590 should be same as the 500.

If they all have Alloy (Aluminum) reciever in theory the 500 and Maverick 88 should just about the same weight, I think. 590 has a metal trigger guard where the others have polymer so that will add a small amount. Is there something else I'm missing?

I'd prefer a 500 or 590 because I like the upgradability. But if the Maverick is significantly lighter that could change my mind. It sure felt significantly lighter (probably a lot of that was the lighter ATI stock though) however Mossberg's website specs tell the opposite story. I guess Ill send them an email and see if I can get better numbers
If I recall correctly, the trigger group of the 88 is all polymer. Not just the guard. For me, the 88 is lighter. Sorry, I wish I had a way to measure the weight of them.