View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idlplumb View Post
Maybe Iím crazy, but I think we should invite MORE of the anti-2A crowd into the forum. I believe that we if we can open the dialogue while not being rude to each other, we can should them that we arenít the devil and not as evil as the media makes us out to be.

Instead of trying to ďbeatĒ them in discussions by waving stats in their faces, we can just open it to friendly dialogue and both sides can listen and learn from each other. If the politicians wonít support us and our rights, maybe the citizens can and we can get more support for the next vote.

I could be wrong, but the way weíve been doing things up to now hasnít been gaining support from the neutral and anti-gunners and maybe this could open the doors to get people to change their minds. If something isnít working, you donít keep doing it, you change something to make your goals a reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The difficulty is that those who have made up their minds to be antis aren't going to see what is happening.

Think about it for a minute. You're right in that just waving stats in their faces may not be the right idea, but facts are facts. Stats can be used incorrectly, but I only use FBI crime stats as reported, something that is easily available, and they don't see it for the numbers in their face.

The reason for it is a fundamental difference in how the liberals see the world. Everyone has to be inherently equal and if they're not, then government must intervene to make it so. People are inherently good and just make mistakes and need to be given second chances. In the school districts, it's called "restorative justice" and it applies to everyone, regardless of how many times they make the same bad choices.

Traditional conservatives believe that you make your own fortunes...in that you work hard, become educated or gain experience, and become better and better at what you do and become a productive member of society. Government needs to stay out of it. They believe that punitive justice is the best practice especially for repeat offenders, because, after all, if you're going to keep making the same criminal "mistake", you need to pay for it.

I hope I don't catch too much heat for overgeneralizing, and I apologize if I'm going too general, but there are some fundamental differences that must be centralized and it won't happen. especially since most of the moderates are gone and now you're left with ultra left and right.

If I'm not mistaken, this is why many believe this state is done and that one of two things will happen:

1. CA becomes Venezuela
or
2. A financial, political or physical civil war.

"How often do you see them?"

"All the time. They're everywhere." ***in tears***

Ask me about low cost Commander memberships to Frontsight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15barrels View Post
Don't attempt to inject common sense into an internet pissing contest.