View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
they wouldn't be locked in a safe. Glock 19 (for the sake of the argument) #1 would be the training gun, 100's of rounds a month + classes + etc; g19 #2 (configured identically to #1) would be the carry gun, maybe 50 rounds a quarter.

I get that I'll not likely wear it out with shooting, but why put the extra miles on it or take the chance? Sure the EDC will get the 5,000 round inaugural torture test, but once you pop that cherry why do any more?

I don't get why some guys are so particular about their expensive defensive ammo that they cycle it through their gun before it's imaginary expiration date, but then you're gonna eat into its reliability by putting more rounds downrange for training? Find a known good condition, and stay there.
I have shot my carry G19 at least 850 documented rounds since the start of 2019, and this pace is not uncommon.

Shooting your EDC once a quarter just to "knock the dust off" is not a theory I would subscribe to.

Shooting often not only means I remain proficient, but it also means I'm taking care of the gun from a cleaning and maintenance perspective. Nothing worse than seeing someone's neglected "life saving device" because it's dry/dirty/rusted and never gets any attention.