View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 7:36 AM
Enjoying Freedom Everyday
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I use to shoot up at Burro Canyon for years. Never felt unsafe in any manner while at the range. The folks in the office, target issue shack and the various range safe folks were always friendly, professional, and easy to interact with.

As to the route up to the range, most use CA 39 which is a typical mountain road, two lanes with lots of twists, turns and over hanging trees. There are several turnouts that over look the reservoirs just off the road going up the mountain. My biggest worry were the bicyclists who challenge themselves to make the run up to the bridge that crosses the stream that feeds the reservoirs. It's a narrow road so passing the numerous bike riders is a pain. Watch out for them going down the mountain. I nearly drove over a guy that fell into the road when he hit some falling rocks from a rock cliff close to the road.

No doubt there have been bodies dumped along that road or maybe a robbery or two at one of the turnouts. Low life's and criminals are everywhere. Heck, check out the You Tube videos of low life's at various hamburger and pizza joints. I wouldn't allow these issues to prevent me from enjoying a great day putting rounds down range at Burro Canyon.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
Suspect every one who approaches that jewel.
Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."
PATRICK HENRY

Last edited by BB-Stacker; 07-25-2022 at 7:40 AM.. Reason: Spelling errors