View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Banned

No marks at all,
HBAR
I bet the FA BCG is aftermarket and not stock, few if any low ends were installing FA BCGS.
The best case "ASA", worse case "Hesse". Either way, if it shoots, dont worry about it.

ASA shut down for awhile, but they are back up now. Probably under new management or something like that. They were decent manufactures who anodized, did test fire every rifle, but that was about it. The didnt mark all their stuff. Keyhole, Cardinal and Splintered A were common, but I remember no upper markings too.

Hesse painted instead of anodizing, but did anodize too. They too did no testing at all....even if they say they did. They used blems and unmarked uppers, but the uppers were like UGLY.

The fact yours is anodized, generally smooth I say its an ASA. I can see some blems, but not like I remember Hesse, Vulcan and Blackthorn selling.

Shoot it.

EDIT, if you are sure it came with a M16 BCG..its a ASA. I am sorta remembering them getting closed by ATF for things like that...I could be wrong. I doubt Hesse would be doing FA BCGs. 2005 was just before the ATF said FA BCGs were ok in AR15s.

Last edited by dieselpower; 04-12-2011 at 11:49 PM..