View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 6:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
Imagine you are a lawyer. And your job is to clearly, and unambiguously persuade a court. Why would you use word that is, at best, ambiguous?

Moreover, your analysis is ridiculous. Let us substitute the least horrible definition of bestow (agree that (something) is true) for bestow in the quote:

The Second Amendment does not agree to anything. It limits the Federal Government's (and states by incorporation) power to infringe the right to keep and bear arms. In your translation, you changed who was bestowing from the Second Amendment to the Court. I understand we don't like criticizing people doing important work. I respect that the attorney is doing this pro bono. I am not one of the cheerleaders that believes only the right people should bring these suits.

With all that being said, why are you trying to defend the indefensible? The quoted statement is clearly at odds with what the Court wrote (a pre-existing right) and what the Second Amendment plainly states. If the attorney had asked any of the many attorneys who specialize in 2A work or even the many more attorneys who are interested in the subject, he would have been advised to revise that statement. Such lawyers passionately want this lawsuit to succeed. Asking for help is one of the advantages to working with other lawyers and one of the disadvantages of being a solo.
Be careful driving, it appears that shinny things get you going all over the place.

I was responding to your concern of ONE word, bestow.

As I mentioned that word; as do many, have different meanings. One is the meaning that has you concerned. Another is the meaning that I shared.

You are free to be concerned about anything you'd like to be concerned about. As you are free to use any definition of the word you want.

But take a look back at this thread and I bet that you'll be the only one that's using that definition and has that concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erion929 View Post

”Benitez 3:29 Thou shall not limit magazine capacity”