View Single Post
Old 08-26-2021, 1:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandG View Post
That was definitely the biggest error/omission in the Heller decision. The language left it too open to everyone's own interpretation. We all know what it meant to say, but the inarguable fact of the matter is that it was too vague.

I'm saving a bottle of fine scotch for when the next SCOTUS opinion spells it out in plain English:

"This Court finds that the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States protects the individual right to keep and bear arms, including all lawfully owned firearms and, necessarily, their ammunition and magazines, both inside and outside the home, and this right CAN NOT be infringed by any state or local government."

...or something to that effect

And then after that, hopefully another SCOTUS ruling will spell out, in plain english, precisely what firearms, ammunition, and magazines can be lawfully owned.
1. SCOTUS in DC v. Heller already said the right is both inside and outside. With few exceptions, the cases referenced for "bear" or "carry" were for people out and about in the PUBLIC fined or arrested. As almost a rule, those fined or arrested for OC out and about in PUBLIC had their fines or conviction overturned or remanded. Those fined or arrested for CCW out and about in PUBLIC had their fines or convictions upheld.

2. They already said it in DC v. Heller: "Commonly held arms suitable for SELF-DEFENSE for the purpose of confrontation."

- That's for the preexisting PEOPLE.
- That's for the preexisting MILITIA of the PEOPLE.

It is Militias created by States and Congress under Article I, Sec. 8, Cls 12-13 that are better equipped including with weapons of war.

Don't argue with me, take it up with Scalia (dead)...or SCOTUS if you think you can make it that far.

=8-(