View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabellum View Post
It does not appear that Massachusetts permits persons in possession on or before 1994 to sell or transfer to someone else post 1994. This conclusion is supported by the Mass. AG's interpretation of its own guidance letters (Mass. does not appear to require published regulations for firearms enforcement) identifying a list of approved firearms that are not clones of the prohibited "assault weapons." The list is composed entirely of featureless rifles.

Remember, California is a state composed of arrivals from the East Coast and the Midwest, who are rabid authoritarian land speculators and shape its gun laws. Davis Mike, City of Quartz (Vintage Books, 1990), pp. 159, (The defense of property values becomes of such paramount political interest that, the home-owner associations in California become bastions of political reaction, if not of fragmented neighborhood fascism). That's who pays for the campaigns, votes your legislators into office, and to whom the legislators are beholden.
I left MA right when this happened so I forgot she did say it was retroactive but was being oh-so-kind not to prosecute. Thanks for reminding me. I swear they were still selling the pre-bans at stores when I was home not too long ago. But, I think I am right though, that if you pinned the stock and removed the lug it was legal to still buy (before Maura posted her BS on copies) but in CA you would then have to also put a fin on. The point I am making is that featureless are sort of different and that the term AW is made up. I will riddle you this (as I have no idea who wins), if AW are banned, how come they are still explicitly ok on this Roster:

https://www.mass.gov/files/documents...%2002-2015.pdf

(Pulled from here: https://www.mass.gov/lists/approved-...rearms-roster-)

That document is put out by the Governor's office and is relevant as of 2017.