View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 11:31 PM

Bracken's Enemies Foreign And Domestic books were great (the first two anyway. The third one...not so much) especially with what's going on today. I highly recommend them.

I'm currently reading David Crawford's Collision Course but so far I'm not too excited about it. The storyline seems a bit rushed. I'm only 90 pages in so I'm not giving up on it yet. The author's first book, Light's Out, was of course phenomenal.

As far as Patriots is concerned....ugh, it was hard to get through it. I know it holds value as far as survival/prepping tips and techniques, but as a literary work of fiction it is a painful disaster. If anyone wants my copy just send me a few bucks for shipping and its yours.

The last really great novel I read was D.J. Molles's The Remaining. And that book was AMAZING. Its actually a series of four or five relatively short books and the writing, storyline, and characters are excellent. The thrill and suspense factors are sky-high chapter after chapter. Well worth your time.

I have to say though, if you only read one more novel for the rest of your life, (and I can't believe this book hasn't already been mentioned!) it absolutely MUST be John Ross's masterpiece Unintended Consequences. This should be required reading for every red-blooded American. It is a novel but actually contains more facts in it than some non-fiction books. I have read a TON of books and honestly I have yet to find one that even comes close to Unintended Consequences. It is the gold standard that I compare every other book to. Good luck finding a copy for under $200 dollars though. And no, you can't borrow mine.