View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersapper View Post
Hey Snoopy,

I downloaded it for later viewing. Is this set to be the new standard in shooting the qualifications, or is this for something specific?

Reserves/Guard have always had an issue qualifying people...now it's competition style...or so it appears.

My impression is this is the new Reg on individual weapon qual. I don't think anything generally changes in terms of the standards, but it provides a lot of guidance on training.

It's a lot of: Here's how we need to work to improve marksmanship, but of course no additional money or time to actually do it.

What doesn't change is marksmanship is either a unit focus (which takes support from higher) or it's not.

For example, I personally don't care about myself, and NCO's E6 and above really don't care either.

My priority is E4-E5 need to get passing qual cards for their promotion packets. Promotions to E2-E4 don't need it, and promotions to E7, WO's and Officers don't really need it either.

I have 53 bullets per soldier to qualify with this month. So there's no room for error.

Last year we did really well, 100% that went to the range weekend qualified, but I stack the odds in their favor as much as I can (25 meter qual course of fire), and remind them how to GAME the target hits (for those not great at shooting don't bother with small targets, and use extra bullets to ensure hits on larger targets)