View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfish View Post
My son (21) was the same way when I introduced him to the larger caliber semi autos 8 years ago (as you found out) he just wanted to shoot the ARs. He likes the SKS too.

I'm so jelly, I wish I could get my son in to hunting. It took me months of badgering to get my son to take the online class to get his hunting license ( when covid hit the offerd the complete class online) he like to shoot but he's more interested in getting his buddies out to shoot. He's just not interested in hunting yet but you can bet once one of his buddies starts hunting he will too (I haven't hunted in 45 years)

Your son sounds like he's going to be one hec of a hunter. You sure are a proud papa.
We will see how he does with a living being in his scope. Shooting paper is one thing but shooting an animal is something else. I wasn’t sure if he would ever want to go but he gave me a hard time about not taking him the last two times I went. He took the online hunter safety course during COVID as well. It was actually a great experience for both of us as I took it for fun alongside him. We have had many, many conversations about the circle of life. Provided we get an opportunity to take a hog, it will be a big step towards adulthood for him.