View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 6:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
The NRA or any other RKBA group is NOT allowed to advertise on the types of media you and other cal gunners seems to believe!
So where are you going to show these defensive gun uses ?

Page after page of NRA?GOP victory's on RKBA but you prefer to miss it all because its not on NETWORK TV where you spend your time. The NRA is not allowed air time at pro sports either.
I am aware that gun advertisers aren't welcome on Network TV. I am not talking about Network TV - the only people who consistently watch Network TV are old people - many of whom already own guns. There's no need to preach to the choir.

Showcasing defensive uses of guns in social media, if well produced and executed in a compelling and persuasive manner meant to appeal to non-shooters, can go viral and take on a life of their own. The focus needs to be on reaching young adults and those with young families - people who can relate to the struggles of building a family and a desire to protect that which they are working hard to build.

There are plenty of gun companies and advertisers on social media. I see advertising for gun companies and gun retailers on my social media every single time I'm online. If you spend any time on social media you would know this - unless you're one of those old people who don't use any social media whatsoever and are out of touch with the realities of how information is disseminated nowadays.

NRATV doesn't count as social media outreach. The content is well produced, but it is also vapid and empty of meaningful substance. It's entertaining, sure, but none of it is compelling in any way that would pique any awareness in the importance of the Second Amendment to folks who aren't already NRA members and shooters. That makes it a complete waste of time & money if your objective is to expand 2A rights. USCCA has content on it's channel that is poorly produced, but hits the right kind of relatable storytelling that can appeal to non-gunners on the importance of self-defense rights. If you took some of the production value seen on NRATV and applied it to the kind of self defense stories showcased on USCCA's channel, it could be very effective.

Quote:
Friends please compare red states like Utah, Texas, Arizona (REPUBLICAN) with New York, California or Illinois (DEMOCRAT) and decide which you like best.

The best strategy we have is to join the NRA and follow NRA voting recommendations and encourage others do to the same.
If my life revolved around guns then yeah, California would be an awful place to live. Thankfully that's not the case - and that's also the case for the overwhelming majority of the people in the state and in the country. Coincidentally, that also the overwhelming majority of the country that we need to reach and educate, and we're not gonna reach them by following the NRA's tried & failed strategy. The only way to protect the Second Amendment is to get people to see and accept the innate value in it, just as they see the value in the First Amendment regardless of political & partisan preference. You're not gonna get that by pushing it as a hyper-partisan issue replete with cringe-worthy scare tactics and fear mongering that are only effective in the NRA's echo chamber.

Quote:
BTW the name calling and preaching is tiring to read. Even from a cartoon character that sells a form of corn chip !
How's the view from way up on your high horse? I see you talking down to people all the time. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. And if you do come in the kitchen, keep your grubby hands off my Fritos!

Are you a Fascist and don't even realize it? Find out! https://www.idrlabs.com/8-values-political/test.php

Last edited by Frito Bandido; 06-06-2019 at 6:26 AM..