Thread: Los Angeles
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 7:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

This is in reply to a PM, but I’m posting it here for others’ benefit.

#1 read all of my CCW Application Advice thread pinned at the top of the forum. Sure some won’t apply to you but most will be of benefit.

#2 I think I read or heard that AV said being Asian and afraid isn’t enough on its own. But if you have more than just that maybe mention it too, saying because of their relatively short stature and reputations for primarily using cash and not going to LE they are being targeted for strong arm crimes.

#3 I think a LOT of people blew off when the map showed Yellow and didn’t start preparing their applications for when it turned green. They’re caught with their pants down. They don’t have evidence sufficient to prove their Recreational GCs. Two words of advice: don’t lie. Don’t even try to bend the truth. Cops deal with liars ALL the time. Lying on the application is, IIRC, a crime. Getting caught bending the truth turns the cop from neutral to wonder what else are you twisting. Your GMC will be shot for years.

So what do I advise if you didn’t start getting prepared months ago? Start now. Join that shooting club. Get back to regular shooting. You want to be competent when you start carrying, right? Foster those relationships with a view towards letters of reference. Get back into hiking. The fresh air and exercise will do your mind, body and spirit good. Do some regular volunteer work: helping others helps yourself. Give it 4 to 6 months to build up a track record.

In the meantime exercise situational awareness (Cooper’s Color Code); obey the 4-Stupids Rule and carry pepper spray.

If you’re going in with weak GC you don’t want the proof of it to also be weak.

My fear is that people will do just that, get denied and claim LASD isn’t accepting Light Green GC when in fact they would when there is evidence sufficient to prove that GC and risk exist.

Last edited by Paladin; 04-11-2021 at 8:30 AM..