Thread: go to carry gun
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 8:53 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB> View Post
...we went through a "few" guns for my wife trying to find something comfortable for her to shoot - the P238 with a Hogue grip (a purple one of course!) just "fits", recoil is very manageable, operation is nearly effortless. The stock grips for the CA roster model pretty much stink, but there are MANY options, so keep in mind that it's worth checking what aftermarket accessories are out there as you narrow your choices.

.. My wife has good instincts in firearms!

proving again that the person who is going to be shooting the gun needs to be the person testing them out.....and making the decision as to which one is the best fit.

and a very good point re aftermarket grips can make a world of difference. but I couldn't appreciate that until I had fired many different pistols and had some experience. only then could I determine if I purchased a "not so perfect fit for my hand" pistol that it would be ok with a different set of grips.

I do think it is great, DB, that you found a new pistol that you like through her experience! and i'm liking that she didn't want to share and you're getting your own! one can never have too many, imo, whether a female or male shooter....
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D