View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 8:50 AM
Bacon Cheeseburger Lover
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6079Winston View Post
Pretty sure you won't need the hand pump, I tried it on my Impact .25 and gave up. The pump was fine for the Marauder with it's smaller tank but was borderline futile with the larger tank on the Impact. You will also want to take detailed notes of the factory settings on the gun and any changes you make in tuning it, easier to tune is also easier to get out of tune. Not that out of tune is awful but it will be less accurate, use more air and be louder. If you like to tinker that's probably the gun for you, different calibers, barrel liners and pellets should keep you entertained potentially forever. Or you could just leave it as is and shoot whatever it's set up for from the factory, probably one of the two weights of .30 JSB pellets and be happy that way too. Nice choice by the way.
I have several pellet and slug orders going or here already to test out from FX, JSB, and NSA. I'm also pretty sure after getting the responses from an air gun forum about the hand pump that it wont be needed, but I'd like to always have a back up plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Man View Post
Diablo rod and gun club at the United Sportsman’s range in concord has an active airgun group. They hold an airgun only range at USIs multi purpose range on Wednesday and Friday mornings, 9 to noon. Drop by and check it out. Good group of guys. Feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions.
Yes, I've been in contact with the gents from various clubs, but I'm not sure how I'd be able to make it out there during the week with a pretty demanding job and two kids at home. The times I do get away would more than likely be for ranch trips and more casual plinking on weekends.

The scope just arrived for the air rifle this morning, so I'm literally just waiting for the air rifle and I'll be up and running. I have the compressor, cleaning supplies, fancy new magazines, optics, and ammo. The anticipation is killing me.