View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
Hmm I've been using an inner tube too but have been getting slight bite marks. Any particular brand or thickness inner tube?
These sealed bullets I had were a pain in the a** to pull apart.

I probably used 1/16" thick inner tube wrapped around twice or more. I made sure it was clean and squishy. I went the next size up on my flaring tool to fit the extra material inside it and clamped it down REALLY good, using a wrench on the wing nut to really get it clamped down. These things took a lot of force to pull apart, but since the flaring tool was the next size up it never came close to the bullet.

The main problem that I had was the rubber slipping off, But I could see the rubber taking off the tarnish on the old bullets so that goes to show how much force was required. I eventually got all 6 apart without marks, but it took a lot of jolting to get em loose, after that I put the rubber on one last time and they pulled apart without slipping. To reduce slippage you might try: Electrical tape, as it might provide more friction between the flaring tool and the bullet. Or supergluing the inner tube to the bullet, then removing the glue with acetone.

Last edited by Distinct_Editz; 04-15-2019 at 2:46 PM..