View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 6:13 PM

It's not the wrong mounting system. Let's say I bought the MDT ESS where I had to buy a 20 MOA mounting rail for my action, I would have a closer to bore mount which would mean even less elevation needed to zero, in fact probably have to raise it past the "halfway" point.

This whole thread is about the design of the scope. The metal spindle inside the turret is impeding the ability to go all the way down....by design. Even without shims, because the shims don't stop the cap, it is a tension system for when the top metal spindle groove is stopped by the shims. If you look on YouTube for this scope they all set up at or around the 1, even the 4-14 option seats at the 1 or 2 of 5 Mark's. Even testimony from people here state they have the same issue.

If I buy this cantilever mount I would have to put it on backwards, thus raising the scope "upwards" to be able to lower the elevation spindle so it would mount lower, you understand that right?

Yes the TAC 21 has 20 MOA rail already, that along with the 1.35 inch rings just brought it closer to the bore for POA. Cantilever mounts, either 0 or 20 MOA are meant for flat zero MOA AR rails, generally.

This was a question about design and judging by responses it's working as intended. This scope is a type of budget high end scope, prob not meant for serious long range which is why I got it for a .308 as it's only good too 1k maybe 1400 yds... maybe. I would not have this scope for a 338 lupua. My Burris seems to have the design I'm looking for where no matter what after I zeroed it I was able to ha e 2.25 rotations for about 56 MOA.