View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 8:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersapper View Post
Definitely sorry to hear that. That does suck. At least the dog will be loyal and love you til the end.

I'm heavily considering leaving as well. Where you thinking about going?
Thanks! I'm handling it better than I thought I would. I'm doing all I can to be proactive and make use of my time at the WTB. Not sure where to yet but anywhere is on the table as long as I can find a job. I'm going to try and line something up before I get back to CA if possible then move ASAP. As a physical therapist I've got a portable skill. I'm keeping an eye on the USAjobs.gov site. If I can get a job at one of the military hospitals as a DHA employee I think I would really enjoy that. Military patients seem to be more appreciative of quality care than at my civilian job, imo. Really, any outpatient hospital facility or clinic would work, but I like the larger facilities since I have access to more collaboration and information about the patients. If it wasn't for the dog I would apply for a spot in Okinawa or Germany, both listed on the site.

I feel like it's a little too early to start applying since I won't be available for a few months. But other than those positions, looking at NC, SC, KY, TN, maybe GA or TX, but open to anywhere that doesn't have miserable snow all winter (growing up in central NY I've had my fill) even then I won't rule it out. I feel like some places are already overrun with Californians and I missed the bubble, ID, AZ, NV, WA, OR. I'm trying to balance cost of living, possibility of state turning purple/blue, access to a housing market I can actually afford. Any other ideas are definitely welcome.

"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member