View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB> View Post
I didn't think it would work, but I've got one very tight barrel (steel shank, so VERY slow to remove any excess material) I wanted to mount on a QBD stock (so it's going to be in and out). The lever mechanism is required to push it in, and the bolt takes a few cycles (pull back and release) before it gets out far enough to remove, but it does work. Might make your life easier even if you have to apply heat as well. I've dealt with tight barrels a few times, and only just accidentally discovered this "trick", so thought I'd pass it along in case it might help!

Sounds like you'll want to take some sandpaper to that Kidd shank when you do get it out - if it's aluminum, it doesn't take much to get it to fit, if it's steel, well, you'll be there for a while! I just fitted one of each to a couple receivers, the aluminum was pretty easy...

If you aren't keeping the original Ruger receiver, I have a few spare parts laying around, and never enough receivers!
Sorry the Ruger receiver is gonna get repainted and probably used as the basis for a kid's 22 using the OEM parts I took off it originally, that is, IF I decide to use the Brownells rcvr on my rifle.