Thread: Riverside
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alx_cee137 View Post
Good evening everyone,

I work in the medical field and I am taking my class this weekend. I have not began the process due to the fact that I am waiting to at least turn in the certificate and also I am having a hard time on my good cause statement. I don't know if I am overthinking it, but so far I have an outline done. For those who have said to specify on the good cause for self defense. Well here's a bit of my reasoning.

I work and live in the same city as my employer (well within a 5 mile radius). My health facility services everyone from the most humble person, to the worse criminal you could think of. I am constantly threatened by 5150 patients and by patients who are impatient with the long wait times. I also live in a high crime area for the city statistics provided by RCSO to the crimereports and I can also see the that quality of life around the businesses that I frequent are not the best. On my days off when shopping around the city I tend to run into patients, some which I have avoided crossing paths with due to their violent nature they've exhibited at work. Recently, our whole staff including myself within a department were threatened by members of a criminal entity which LE has written down a report on.

My actual good cause is more detailed than this, but any pointers would be helpful.

- this will be sufficient GC
- it's well known that healthcare people are threatened all the time
- in my county the sheriffs even asked the healthcare people to qualify/shoot first on range-day..

- you'll be good to go...