View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 2:54 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califpatriot View Post
Some people have a lot of FUD in their heads.

What a bunch of nonsense.

Not criticizing you, Larry, but just saying this kind of stuff is ridiculous and completely not supported by any textual basis. If you take out the gas tube, it's not semi-automatic. The regulation is clear on that.

“Semiautomatic” means a firearm functionally able to fire a single cartridge, eject the
empty case, and reload the chamber each time the trigger is pulled and released. Further,
certain necessary mechanical parts that will allow a firearm to function in a semiautomatic
nature must be present for a weapon to be deemed semiautomatic. A weapon clearly
designed to be semiautomatic but lacking a firing pin, bolt carrier, gas tube, or some other
crucial part of the firearm is not semiautomatic for purposes of Penal Code sections
30515, 30600, 30605(a), and 30900.
I agree with you and I totally don't take it as criticizing me. I was just stating what other people have done and said, but then also said... "It will be interesting to see where this thread goes." I should have just posted the first part about flipping the gas block and then the penal code like I have in the past. I'm getting lazy because I'm too busy.

The thread will probably still go in a weird direction.