View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmithson View Post
In 2000 I purchased a pair of Zeiss Victory’s 10 Power new for $1000. Now they are $2500. I bought the Vortex Razors in 10x50 three years ago($1100.) instead of the Swarovski EL. They were half the price and almost as good. Last year hunting I could not tell if the buck had a forked horn at 150 yards with the Vortex. I am looking at the Swarovski EL 12x50 now to make up for a poor decision three years ago. You can always put the binoculars on a tripod. Top tier glass is $2500 in any brand. Zeiss Conquest is better then Vortex except in the warranty. No one can beat Vortex in warranty at the moment. My Lica spotting scope in 2000 was brighter then my new Swarovski 20x80 spotter. Mid price Zeiss Conquest is worth looking through. Give me Victory’s or EL’s or give me death.
I have been running the Conquests for binos and scopes for a while, The scope has been superb even in near dark, The binos have been superb but as mentioned when you need that tiny little bit of info a ways out there the second shelf product doesn't deliver. My next bino purchase will be the compact zeiss victory for my wife, can't wait to look through those.